[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Mar 7 00:51:30 UTC 2006

Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

>> This has *nothing* to do with auto expiration.
>>

> No, but it is a semi-valid concern about the difference between old
> LiveTV and new LiveTV.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the new method
> at all, and don't particularly care to make any changes.  I was only
> pointing out that in this guy's very special circumstances, he was
> seeing a legitimate, significant difference between the old and new
> behaviours and that it looked like no one else was "getting it", which
> leads to frustration and short tempers, which we've seen entirely too
> much of over this issue.

I'm still not convinced entirely of the problem.  I don't recall there
being any support in the 0.19 release for digital music channels (this
was added post-0.19).  And most responders here have indicated that
channels like MTV break up their guide data into manageable one or two
hour chunks.   Now, it is entirely possible that he is referring to a
post-0.19 digital music channel or guide data that is presented in
"unlimited format", but given the relatively new state of that feature,
it is expected that the management of it may not be perfect and
certainly doesn't warrant a rejection of 0.19 in favor of 0.18 as was
suggested.  Rather there are a number of workarounds that can be
utilized as this feature is developed and certainly an inquiry to the
-dev list would warrant some discussion of the best way to address this
possible issue.

Kevin