[mythtv-users] announce: script for locating QAM channels

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Mar 5 07:07:12 UTC 2006

On Mar 4, 2006, at 10:08 PM, Mike wrote:

> Just curious, but what motherboard do you have? (more specifically,
> what
> south bridge chipset) I had a problem that sounds very similar to
> yours
> where my tuner would lock on and off of the channel when I did
> anything
> more than capture the stream. (like use mplayer to view it at the same
> time, or listen to music on the soundcard at the same time)

I also had some issues similar to this when I first got my HD-3000.
I didn't try OTA/ATSC, so I don't know if it affected it similarly.
I found an obscure post on the HD-3000 forums that suggested that the
power supply could be the culprit.  Indeed in my case when I switched
out the power supply for a better quality one, everything cleared
right up.