[mythtv-users] Left over .png files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 4 18:14:52 UTC 2006

On 03/04/2006 11:43 AM, James Orr wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 14:00 -0500, James Orr wrote:
>
>> I have watched and deleted a show since my earlier messages and the
>> thumbnail did not remain.  Looking at the thumbnails that have not been
>> removed it looks like these are shows that I watched either while the
>> recording was in progress or shortly after it finished, and was then
>> deleted while the commercial flagging process had either not finished or
>> perhaps even not yet started.
>>
> OK, I also noticed that the timestamp on the PNG file is the same time
> the commercial flagging finishes, and I confirmed this in the source
> code.
>
> If you look at jobqueue.cpp you can see the preview being generated at
> line 2091 (0.19 code, not SVN) AFTER commercial flagging has finished.
>
> So, I guess when I delete a file that's being flagged it appears to the
> backend the same as when flagging finished normally and it creates the
> image.

You can always clean up the mess after the fact with a simple script,
like the one attached.  Since 26KiB files shouldn't be much of a problem
for the filesystem and the delete is more for aesthetic reasons, you
could even set up an infrequent cron job to delete the files for you
automatically (like maybe once a week or once a month).  If you're
really concerned, you can make the job run more frequently.

Mike