[mythtv-users] DViCO Dual Digital MCE Remote

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:16:27 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Martin Turner <xmode at biosys.net> wrote:

> This is starting to drive me nuts.. I have a DViCO Dual Digital card and
> I just cant get the remote working. I have both tuners working fine (I
> need a small signal booster, but thats a different problem) but I cant
> even get the remote to detect as a device. Everything I have read says
> it will show up as a HID USB device, but no matter what I do I just cant
> get it to work. The only thing that even looks remotely promising is
> that lsmod is showing ir_common has been loaded. ANY help would be much
> appreciated as I've been at it for a few weeks now and gotten nowhere.

I have the remote you referred to and struggled as well.   The key for me
was getting the right .lircrc and lirc.conf file.  The standard Dvico one
doesn't work.  I attached mine for you.  Note that I customized some of the
buttons to work well with MythTV.  You may have different preferences.  When
you run the Lirc setup choose USB, Dvico.  That will set it up for
usb/hiddev0.   After that is done, get the right .lirc file and copy it to
the right location.  Run lircd.  At that point run irrecord, just to see if
it is getting the signal from your remote.  If not, post what you see in
lirc log.
 The only other thing I had to do was I ran a script that was suppose to
autostart lircd.  I had to go into the .init area and edit that file so it
said usb/hiddev0 instead or lirc0.  Don't bother doing that until you are
getting something from irrecord or irw.

Steve