[mythtv-users] Digital Capture

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 2 18:30:45 UTC 2006

adam wrote:
> I'm looking for a digital capture card (so I can record hockey) for
> linux/mythtv. Does anybody have any recommends? I'm looking for analog
> and digital all in one. Thanks in advance.

This will depend on your country of origin.  I will assume that you are
in the US since I am and I can only talk intelligently about that.

The only way is to use a firewire capable cable box from your cable
provider and then, only if the channel you want to record is provided
unencrypted to the firewire port.  Being that it is a special package
(as you noted in another email), I doubt this is the case so there
really is no way for you to capture the pure digital stream from your
cable provider.

Kevin