[mythtv-users] MythWeb (0.19) listing much slower than frontend

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu Mar 2 07:59:04 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have upgraded from version 0.18.1 to version 0.19 and now my MythWeb is
much slower to show the program listings than before.
It takes around 40 seconds to open the program listing in MythWeb even
though I only have 9 visible channels (and only 5 populated channels). When
I open the program listing in mythfrontend it only takes 1-2 seconds.

During the 40 seconds mysqld uses most of the CPU time, while httpd also
uses some.

I did an upgrade of my parents MythTV at the same time (from 0.17 to 0.19).
It does not have that problem, even though the setups are very alike.

My system runs:
- FC3 kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
- mysql-3.23.58-16.FC3.1
- httpd-2.0.53-3.3
- mythtv-suite-0.19-57.at

I have read other threads describing situations where both MythWeb and
mythfrontend listings are slow, but that is not the case here, so the given
explanations with missing indices or a non-optimized database do not seem
appropriate here.

Does any have a clue on what could be going on here ?

Is it possible to get a log from MythWeb or mysql on what sql requests are
taking so long ?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl