[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend locks up after editing

frank s frank8205 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 07:41:05 UTC 2006

I've not been able to find a post relating to this
topic on the board.  Mythfrontend locks up for me
after completing an edit of recordings.  This occurs
when I want to trim the excess recording at the end of
a program.  When I exit out of edit, of course there
is nothing else to watch, so the recording ends and
the screen returns to the select program to watch
screen, but with nothing present.   Then, after
restarting mythfrontend, if you play back the
recording it appears to have the cut points, but when
the file is transcoded, the cutpoints at the end of
the file are not properly interpreted and parts that
were to be left in are removed and the ending that was
to be trimmed is still present.  (It would be good if
the transcoded file could be reviewed before the
original is replaced.)

The frontend console shows the following when the
frontend is locked up:

2006-03-02 02:06:50.869 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error
[mpeg2video @ 0x4538ce4]get_buffer() failed (stride
changed)
2006-03-02 02:06:50.870 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error
[mpeg2video @ 0x4538ce4]get_buffer() failed (stride
changed)
2006-03-02 02:06:50.891 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error
[mpeg2video @ 0x4538ce4]get_buffer() failed (stride
changed)
2006-03-02 02:06:50.892 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error
[mpeg2video @ 0x4538ce4]get_buffer() failed (stride
changed)
2006-03-02 02:06:50.893 AFD Error: Unknown decoding
error

This sequence keeps repeating.

Anyone else seen this and/or have a fix?