[mythtv-users] PostgreSQL

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:19:08 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/30/2006 02:46 AM, David Rees wrote:
> > So please tell me how to configure MySQL to not corrupt indicies and
> > tables. I'm sure others would like to know, too.
>
> Best I can do is say to configure it correctly. ;) If MySQL is "corrupt[ing] itself" while
> running normally, you have a broken MySQL configuration/installation.

Thanks for the help. :P

> If the MySQL tables are
> corrupted due to abnormal program terminations (i.e. power off/hard
> resets), just run optimize_mythdb.pl from the init script that starts
> MySQL and you won't get "up to 24 hours of bad Myth behavior."

My point is, even in the face of power interruptions or unclean
shutdowns, you shouldn't commonly see database corruption. MySQL
(specifically MyISAM tables) corrupts data too easily! I don't know if
other tables (like InnoDB) are more reliable or not, but it seems like
it should be. Does Myth run OK using InnoDB tables?

For now I'll also run optimize_mythdb.pl at boot time, but you can't
make me like it. :P

-Dave