[mythtv-users] PostgreSQL

Paul Pick paul.pick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:00:32 UTC 2006

> Why run it more than daily if the problem is only more likely to occur
> on a hard reset?

I'm not sure I follow your logic here. Power events are
the most noticeable/reproducible cause of mysql db corruption
on my system but I don't think they're the only one I've seen.
(I'm guessing 'cause generally the system is quite reliable
and I don't have a lot of cases to go on.) Given that the
db _could_ fall down at any time and that running the
optimize script is ~free, why not run it >1/day?

I don't mean to imply that I have a real problem with mysql,
btw. It's just that a couple folks posted that they'd _never_
seen a problem with it and I thought, "hmm, I have".

 > You could just run optimize_mythdb.pl from the init
> script that starts MySQL.

I dunno if the mysql init script is exactly where I'd put it but
running the optimize script from somewhere in the init process
is definitely a good idea (at least in my case).

--
Paul Pick | paul.pick at gmail.com | http://packrat.dnsalias.org/