[mythtv-users] PostgreSQL

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 06:46:07 UTC 2006

On 6/29/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> optimize_mythdb.pl in contrib as a daily cron job
>
> (Not to say anything about how I could set up PostgreSQL to be less
> stable than MySQL or vice versa depending on which I wanted to prove as
> the "better" DBMS...  It's all about configuration.  Oh, wait.  I guess
> I just said it.)

So please tell me how to configure MySQL to not corrupt indicies and
tables. I'm sure others would like to know, too.

No, running optimize_mythdb.pl as a daily cron job is not a fix, it is
a hack and a workaround as depending on when MySQL decides to corrupt
itself, I can still end up with up to 24 hours of bad Myth behavior
unless I notice it first.

-Dave