[mythtv-users] Commercial skipping

mooshie nsmith5 at umbc.edu
Tue Jun 27 05:24:21 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 11:05 -0700, Daniel A Segel wrote:
> Nathan Smith wrote:

> >> Try running the mythbackend with "-v commflag" and see if there is any
> >> evidence of the commercial flagger even running.
> >>

> > I did that, and when commercials started playing on the frontened, nothing
> > showed up on the backend (nothing showed up after recording as well.) Does
> > this mean it is most likely a configuration issue?
> >
> Do you have your preferences set to start commercial flagging as soon as
> the show starts, or to wait until it is finished recording?

Hmm, I can't find that option anywhere in the settings. I've gone into
mysql, and in the settings table I've searched for "comm", and can't
find anything to that effect either.. where did you see this?

I ran mythbackend with -v commflag, but when I started recording,
mythbackend didn't output any commercial flagging information, and
commercials were not flagged at all.

Also, ps'ing did not find mythcommflag, so I guess it isn't being run at
all.. which is weird, since my settings indicate (afaik) that it should
be running.

mythcommflag does work, if I run it by itself, and the commercial
flagging works fairly well -- perfect in some cases. So I'm completely
at a loss here. Any ideas?

Nate