[mythtv-users] LVM problem upgrading to FC5

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Mon Jun 26 07:05:05 UTC 2006

>>> Any ideas?  Have I deleted all my data?

Argus... sory to say but yes I think you have trashed your data.

LVM was most likely intact after your FC5 upgrade.  When you ran the
pvcreate and vgcreate commands you overwrote all of the old Volume Group
and Physical Volume info that was stored on your disks.  You *should* have
run vgscan.  You would probably have found the volume groups, maybe under
/dev/mapper/xxxxxx (I dont know as I don't run FC this is where they
appear under Ubuntu).  Anyway, the LVM howtos at http://www.tldp.org are
pretty detailed, and worth consulting BEFORE you run any LVM "create"
commands.

Anyway, try the vgscan now, you should see some info about what is there.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...

Indulis