[mythtv-users] 5.1 sound from DVD, stereo from encoders

Jim Minihane MythTV at minihane.tzo.com
Sun Jun 25 01:12:04 UTC 2006

I'll be watching and recording SD content with the D10-100s into the
PVR-500s. I'll be watching HD content via HD capable DirecTV box. The main
TV (Plasma) will be connected to a MytvTV frontend and the DirecTV HD
receiver. Both the HD receiver and frontend will feed audio into my AV
receiver.
I can't record HD off DirecTV. I could record it from an FTA feed but that
would only be the locals. I really don't care about them that much. I really
only care about movies and sports packages in HD. DirecTV via S-Video is
pretty damn good as far as SD goes.