[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings is slow with SVN and no fglrx module

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 21:20:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm running SVN from a couple of weeks ago (but I think I once had this
problem with 0.19), on a FC5 machine with an ATI Radeon 9800SE card.
I've just updated the kernel to 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5, I was running
2.6.16-1.2122_FC5 with the ATI drivers from livna and the fglrx kernel
module.

I haven't installed the fglrx kernel module for this kernel yet, (I'm not
sure I really want it since I occassionally get odd XV problems when using
it), which means OpenGL won't work. This is fine, since I want to use the qt
painter. Everything works well except for the Watch Recordings screen takes
about 3-4 seconds to load and about 1-2 seconds to select a recording. When
I reboot into the old kernel with the fglrx module, Watch Recordings works
much faster.

Does Watch Recordings use OpenGL or some other function which uses the fglrx
driver?

Thanks,

Jonny