[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not seeing new channels in Zap2It Lineup

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 13:29:34 UTC 2006

On 6/22/06, Chris Gentle <gentlec at hiwaay.net> wrote:
> I have two Zap2It Lineups:  "DISH" for my Dish Network channels and "Local" for
> my over-the-air broadcast channels.
>
> I just purchased a pcHDTV HD-5500 card and modified my "Local" lineup to
> include the digital channels.  However, mythfilldatabase is not grabbing the
> new channels for "Local".
>
> When I run mythfilldatabase from the command line I can see the message
> "Updating myth channels" for my DISH lineup but I never see this when it
> updates my Local channels.
>
> I've also tried running with various mythfilldatabase flags, including
> --do-channel-updates.
>
> I'm running a recent SVN version of MythTV.
>
> Any ideas?

I ran into this and used "--do-channel-updates --source-id 2
--max-days 1", where "2" was the source id of the new channel lineup,
and it added the channels for the new source.  After that, a regular
mythfilldatabase would add new data to the existing channels.  I used
max-days just to get it done quickly to verify that it worked.  I'm
not sure whether this is strictly necessary.

Try combining --source-id [source id of Local] with --do-channel-updates