[mythtv-users] New system build. Looking for opinions.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 20 22:30:56 UTC 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 4:02 PM, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:

> Oh, and your video card is overkill, but maybe still a good choice. 1
> GB of RAM is overkill as well, unless you think you need it for
> editing.

I almost wrote the same thing, but then I noticed he's got a PCI-
Express slot, and the choices in that configuration are a little more
limited.

The 7300 is a low-priced card and, while it might be a *little* more
than required, isn't all that overblown, especially if he's going to
do HD in the future.

I think putting anything less than 1GB into a machine these days
doesn't make sense. I've got 1GB and, while I almost never swap, come
close to it fairly often.

I definitely agree about the HDD space though, a 120 is a good
"operating system" disk but way low for video storage (as I said in
an earlier post).