[mythtv-users] Not able to watch or record video

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Wed Jun 14 03:33:16 UTC 2006

New installation of mythtv on a dual opteron Fedora core 5 system. I
have an HD-3000 and PVR 500 cards in this system. I have left the
HD-3000 card out of the myth setup. The cards are working without
mythtv.

I was getting a diagnostic message about the video file being empty
after 2000 milliseconds and the file was 0 length when I tried to watch
TV. Since I upgraded to myth 0.19-129 I no longer get that diagnostic or
an empty file it just does not work.

I see nothing logged to the terminal window that would indicate a
problem. The backend and setup seem to be working fine. In case it helps
the video card is an Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT and the driver is the
current update from the livna repo, 8762. I also configured the front
end to run in a window.

Finaly my other mythtv system with an ATI Wonder tuner has always worked
without any issues.