[mythtv-users] Boleslaw's truncated-delete patch

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Jun 14 01:48:07 UTC 2006

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> except that it consistently failed to delete the last
> chunk, despite being told the likes of "Finished truncating
> '/misc/cube/mythtv/store/2441_200606 11233131.mpg'" and "AutoExpire:
> All file truncates are finished." Thus, until I deleted them I had
> about 20 files named 'cifsxxxx', each 83MB (the size of my
> truncations) or less, in my video directory.

Hmm, maybe this is some kind of cifs recycle bin functionality? Do these
files go away when you stop the backend? Do they go away when the disk
fills? Or maybe they go away after a while automatically?

Try this: start a program that keeps a file open for writing (e.g. "cat
 >foo"; type something), delete the file ("rm foo" in another window)
and see what happened. Then exit the program and check again.

Bolek