[mythtv-users] My experience with MythTV annoyances

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 03:46:58 UTC 2006

> > Again, not a Myth issue, there is a reason ext3 isn't one of the
> > recommended file systems.
>
> That's fair. One does have to do some reading between the lines at
> <URL:http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html>, though, as I
> didn't ahead of time as thoroughly as I should've.

My question is when were these recommeded file systems tested? And do these
recommendations still apply? I have been a MythUser for 2 years and I remember this
part of docs have not changed at all in that time. Was this for 2.4 kernels or 2.6
kernels? As 2 years ago 2.6 kernels were pretty new. And why is reiserfs not
recommeded? We use reiserfs at work and we have over 5 TB of medical imaging data
stored on reiserfs. Are we going to have sudden doom?

John