[mythtv-users] imon and lirc trouble

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 00:28:59 UTC 2006

> %> lsmod | grep imon
> imon_vfd                9928  0
> lirc_imon              14404  0
> lirc_dev               15296  1 lirc_imon
> usbcore               129532  5 imon_vfd,lirc_imon,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd

OK, part of the problem here is that you're using both imon_vfd AND
lirc_imon - the lirc_imon driver handles both the VFD and the IR. the
imon_vfd driver works JUST for the vfd if you don't intend to use the
IR features

I got mine working on my Silverstone LC10M and FC5. Here's how:

1) Download lirc 0.8.0 (latest stable, NOT cvs), untar and enter
directory.
2) Download http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/lirc-imon/
lirc_imon-0.8.0-patch_v20060402-1.diff and patch with:
# patch -p1 < lirc_imon-0.8.0-patch_v20060402-1.diff
3) Run ./setup.sh, and select the "Imon PAD/VFD driver" from the USB
Devices menu, then save and configure, followed by make && make install
4) Download and install the patched LCDProc 0.4.5 from venky.ws:
http://venky.ws/projects/imon/#lcdproc
5) Follow the instructions *to the letter* - your kernel headers
*must* be in /usr/src/linux - I symlinked mine which were in /usr/src/
kernels/2.6.16-2122... etc
6) # modprobe lirc_imon

You should then be able to start lirc and LCDd without a hitch - mine
worked first time after following the above. A reboot prior to trying
can't hurt either.

Have fun, let me know how you get on.

Ben