[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sat Jun 10 17:14:14 UTC 2006

Paul Simpson schreef:
> Sorry, I wan't being clear!
>
> I travel quite a bit by train etc., so I figured I could download
> recordings to the laptop's local drive for off-line viewing on the train
> etc. (When unconnected to any type of network.)
>
> I know myth uses a db to catalog the recordings, so I guess it's just a
> case of copying the file and the relevant db entries?
>
> I intend to install a server as a backend at home and two or three small
> front-ends (probably diskless) for viewing around the house (using wired
> ethernet.)

I'm in the same situation, I've got the recording directory shared via
samba. Combined with the mythtv-filters[1] I just browse there and
download the recordings to my laptop and watch them on the way as well.
There are scripts to make nice filenames, but I'm happy the way it is
already...

[1]http://dsmyth.sourceforge.net