[mythtv-users] Way OT: ota signal via cable?

David Schmidt david.schmidt.in.dallas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:05:19 UTC 2006

[sorry if either of you object to the aggressive editing]

On 6/7/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 06/07/2006 12:13 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> >Usually that "really basic"  tier
> > not a bad deal for $4 or $5 a month.
> >

> Yeah.  I dropped the service (and went to satellite) when the free local
> channels were costing me $13/month
[..]

Well, since my prototype box is exposing how bad my current OTA
reception is, I'm weighing new antenna vs. basic cable/sat as well.
You're right it's cometitive for a single box, but for my planned
production 3 tuners, wouldn't I need 3 boxes, at least for sat (but
increasingly land line as wel)?  If so, that adds up quick!