[mythtv-users] Upgrading system

Jeff Clemens teedub303 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 00:12:36 UTC 2006

So I recently tried to upgrade from FC3 to FC4 on my master back/frontend.
The upgrade didn't take for some reason.  It still boots into FC3, but many
of the applications/drivers were upgraded, and now will not run.  (luckily
the backend still runs, but will only use the tuner on my slave backend)
In any case, I think I'd rather start with a clean install of FC4.  I'm not,
however, willing to do everything from scratch.  I'd like to save my
database, and media files.  Herein lies where I need some input:
If I back up the /var/lib/mysql directory, as well as all my media
(recordings, videos, mp3's, pictures, roms, etc), and then put them in the
same places on the new OS, will everything come out ok?  Are there more
files I need to back up to make sure things work after the re-install?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff