[mythtv-users] video distortion

Will Constable willconstable at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 15:22:53 UTC 2006

It might be the cabling-the TV off In a room downstairs and I ran cat-5 to
it, then put s-video and analog audio connectors onto the twisted pairs.
Its about 45 feet of cable, and I was afraid when I ran it that some
distortion would occur. but the fact that my laptop drives perfect video and
sound encouraged me.  I wonder if there is poor enough shielding near the
connecter itself where the twisted pairs had to be un-twisted that the vga
cable is polluting it.  I'll play around with all sorts of these things when
I get home-I really appreciate the input.

-Will

  _____