[mythtv-users] Phantom IR key presses?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 22:54:08 UTC 2006

On 6/4/06, Ben Lancaster <lists at benlancaster.co.uk> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have a working LIRC 0.8.0 CVS install using the Linux Input Layer
> as the device, but there's something weird happening with Myth. I'm
> getting quite regular phantom keypresses. For example, in the guide,
> if I press down a few times, then up once, it'll repeat the previous
> down command. irw reports the correct keys being pressed, so the
> problem lies somewhere between the command hitting mythtv from LIRC,
> and it performing it.

What does your lircrc file look like?  Each entry should have a
"repeat" setting.  For example:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = down_arrow
repeat = 3
config = Down
end

Virtually all of my stanzas in my lircrc file have "repeat = 3".
Check what your's are.  If they are not 3, make them 3 and see if that
works.  If they are 3, or if that fix does not work, at least you
eliminated this as a potential issue.