[mythtv-users] washed out color in watching prerecorded only

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 4 12:01:44 UTC 2006

On 06/04/2006 06:34 AM, martin at engelhard.cc wrote:

>Yesterday I’ve upgraded my system from the 0.19-fixes branch to
>svn-0.20. (Lircd stopped working in livetv after a while…)
>
>Livetv now works perfectly (great improvement in channel change speed).
>But when I watch a recording (livetv is ok!) I’m getting washed-out
>colors.
>
>On the frontend I’m using epia systems so I guessed that via-xvmc
>may be the cause. When I turned xvmc playback off the color is ok again.
>So I think the problem is related to via-xvmc but on the other side livetv
>with xvmc works….Has someone seen this?

And, if you had been reading the -dev and -commits lists (as all people
running SVN head should), you would have noticed a lot of work going on
to choose the appropriate default values for picture adjustments (i.e.
hue, brightness, etc.) for different video card types.  Adjust yours (F
key in playback) to fix the issue--and feel free to post to one of
Daniel's thread with info to help him get things set up for other
users.  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/205116#205116 ,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/206838#206838 , or ...

Mike