[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Fri Jun 2 17:59:52 UTC 2006

Ahh, well the ir command idea sounds doable in a pinch. I'll play with
that.

But when I started seeing all the modules that Myth had that side stepped
TV directly I started thinking what else this interface lends itself to.
Heck, I could see home-automation modules fit right in, if you view myth
as the best way to keep you in the easy-chair ;)

For me, I managed to get X-10 to run just about everything from my
sprinkler system to the A/C in the house, and on to the security system.

So to have some control using Myth and the USB Active Home controller,
well.. gee, why get off my butt again?

Hoping this plants a seed in someone looking for a project that can code.
(if that were me this would be one I'd like to try, but my lame BASH
scripping just won't cut it ;))

Nick

--
Nick Ellson