[mythtv-users] X-10 Module for Myth?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Jun 2 17:46:10 UTC 2006

Jeff Clemens wrote:
> I set up something pretty simple on my myth box, but an actual X10
> plugin would be pretty neat.
>
> All I did was use irexec to launch shell scripts which call 'heyu' (an
> X10 control command line tool) to set different lighting scenes based
> on what I'm doing with myth.
> One example is, I have the power button on my remote set to toggle
> between two scenes:
> ON: turns the projector on, lowers the screen, dims the lights.
> OFF: raises the screen, brings the lights back up, and turns the
> projector off.
>
> My motorized screen is a DIY creation as well, but it's  not quite
> done yet, so until I get more time to finish up the electronics, I've
> left the screen in the down position all the time.

That's pretty cool. I played with some X10 stuff years ago, but was
never all that pleased with the result. Right now I just have an IR
controlled dimmer for the lights (from Leviton) and I learned the
commands on my  learning remote, so I can dim/on/off the lights
directly. I still have to manually pull the projector screen down... :)

Tom