[mythtv-users] Myth job queue problems...

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 16:55:49 UTC 2006

> * On Fri Jun 02, 2006 at 07:51:26AM -0700, drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com wrote:
> > I recently ran into problems with the job queue and a master / slave
> configuaration.
> > I scheduled several transcode jobs on the master and the slave but after the
> first
> > few jobs were finished both systems are not processing any jobs anymore. After
> > running mythjobqueue on both systems I think I have found the reason for this.
> Both
> > machines are trying to run jobs for the other machine and stopping because I
> have
> > this disabled.
>
> The JobQueue will try to run any jobs which are not already assigned to another
> host
> and if the current host is allowed to run that particular job type.  It sounds
> like
> you did not turn on the "Run Jobs only on original recording host" setting in the
> mythtv-setup program, otherwise your slave would not try to run jobs for the
> master and vice-versa.

I know I have this turned on.

> > Attempted to transcode myth://192.168.1.100:6543/2010_20060523145900.mpg.
> > Mythtranscode is currently unable to transcode remote files.
>
> If you do not have the above setting turned ON, then turn it on, go into the
> mythfrontend status page and delete these jobs, then requeue them from the watch
> recordings screen.
>
> > Is there a way to get the job queue to continue to the next file after this type
> of
> > error? Or how do I get remote transcoding to work with the master and slave both
> > having their own private folders where they store recordings?
>
> Myth transcode should return an error in this case and the JobQueue should go
> ahead
> on to the next job, but you're saying it is not doing this.
>
> Can you past the relevant log portions from running the backend as
> "mythbackend -v jobqueue" so I can see what is going on?

I will have get myth back in this state again as I fixed the problem by directly
modifying the database jobqueue state to force the two offending jobs to run on the
correct machines. I will try this on Saturday as I am now at work and I know I will
not have any time until then...

John