[mythtv-users] Myth job queue problems...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 2 16:17:37 UTC 2006

* On Fri Jun 02, 2006 at 07:51:26AM -0700, drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com wrote:
> I recently ran into problems with the job queue and a master / slave configuaration.
> I scheduled several transcode jobs on the master and the slave but after the first
> few jobs were finished both systems are not processing any jobs anymore. After
> running mythjobqueue on both systems I think I have found the reason for this. Both
> machines are trying to run jobs for the other machine and stopping because I have
> this disabled.

The JobQueue will try to run any jobs which are not already assigned to another host
and if the current host is allowed to run that particular job type.  It sounds like
you did not turn on the "Run Jobs only on original recording host" setting in the
mythtv-setup program, otherwise your slave would not try to run jobs for the
master and vice-versa.

> Attempted to transcode myth://192.168.1.100:6543/2010_20060523145900.mpg.
> Mythtranscode is currently unable to transcode remote files.

If you do not have the above setting turned ON, then turn it on, go into the
mythfrontend status page and delete these jobs, then requeue them from the watch
recordings screen.

> Is there a way to get the job queue to continue to the next file after this type of
> error? Or how do I get remote transcoding to work with the master and slave both
> having their own private folders where they store recordings?

Myth transcode should return an error in this case and the JobQueue should go ahead
on to the next job, but you're saying it is not doing this.

Can you past the relevant log portions from running the backend as
"mythbackend -v jobqueue" so I can see what is going on?

--
Chris