[mythtv-users] SVN build: missing libmythfreemheg

Daris Drake darisd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 15:37:41 UTC 2006

Ok, now I need some help with the SVN build of myth. I have it built,
everything seems to be going fine through the build process. However, when I
try to start mythfrontend or backend, I get the following error:

Mythbackend: error while loading shared libraries:
libmythfreemheg-0.19.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

If I try to copy that file in my build tree (/usr/share/mythtv/mythtv/
...etc) to /usr/lib64 (which is where the rest of the linked libraries
reside acording to ldd) I get a dump and stack trace, the error indicating
that the build version is wrong.

Anyone have any hints? I just built with revision 10095 and have the same
behavior.

Daris Drake
darisd at hotmail.com