[mythtv-users] MythTV as a windowed app?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 20:59:20 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>    One thought I had was to be able to run Myth as a truly windowed
> app. I've never run in anything except full screen mode. If this is
> possible then I'd like to understand how to run Myth in a window of
> 800x600 while the screen is at 1280x1024.

In the settings there's an option for "Window Size". It's meant for
adjusting down for overscan (So parts of the myth screen don't get
cropped by a TV's overscan), but you can re-opt this function to make
the Myth window 800x600. And if you enable the "Use UI size for video
size" you can force everything to be the right size. I believe around
there there's also an option to "Show window manager decorations" (Or
some such) so you can grab and move the window around.

Hope this helps.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston