[mythtv-users] Buffered Streaming

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:47:10 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Brandon Rogers <blrogers at ieee.org> wrote:

> All,
>
>             I'm thinking about adding a frontend or two to my setup and was
> wondering a few things:
>

> -          Does myth know how to buffer data to stream across the network in
> case your bandwidth is too low (i.e. 802.11g with HDTV).  While this may
> take a few minutes to buffer correctly, it would be nice to be able to set
> this up in order to queue movies to watch without skips, jerkiness etc.

Whilst I believe that underneath, there is some caching/buffering of
data, it wouldn't manage low-bandwidth connections too well and you
will likely get stuttering on Wi-Fi.

One option would be to have the remote frontend as a seperare backend,
and rsync the recordings to it.  Then the data can trickle down in the
background.

HTH's
Whytey