[mythtv-users] Buffered Streaming

Brandon Rogers blrogers at ieee.org
Sat Jul 29 12:18:07 UTC 2006

All,

            I'm thinking about adding a frontend or two to my setup and was
wondering a few things:

-          Does myth know how to buffer data to stream across the network in
case your bandwidth is too low (i.e. 802.11g with HDTV).  While this may
take a few minutes to buffer correctly, it would be nice to be able to set
this up in order to queue movies to watch without skips, jerkiness etc.

-          If so, do I need another backend to be able to do this or will a
frontend be sufficient?  If not, it doesn't seem like too difficult of a
thing to implement. can anyone confirm this wild assumption?

-          If not in myth, it seems like something that can be one outside
of myth.  Anyone accomplished this before?

Thanks

-B