[mythtv-users] Which HD card?

stan stanlist at cox.net
Fri Jul 28 23:34:46 UTC 2006

Ivan,

Not enough info to make a decision between the two cards yet, but you sure
gave me a big education.

I get it.  It's a DIGITAL broadcast.  What are they then?  Are they standard
mpeg2?  Oh there was something about mpeg stream and mpeg direct or
something.  Are they a standard format that can be played by mplayer or MS
Media Player?

Thanks for the heads up on using the HD card as a second NTSC tuner!  I'll
look to a second PVR150 for a second NTSC tuner and expect to capture only
over-the-air HD with the new HD card.

I hope someone contributes more info differentiating these cards, but until
then thanks again for your reply.  It was very informative!

--stan