[mythtv-users] MythCenter-wide theme and preview image issue

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Fri Jul 28 18:48:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:34:54PM +0300, Otto Kolsi wrote:
> In Watch Recordings screen all the 16:9 content is fine. But for 4:3
> programs the preview image is too high and part of the program
> description is hidden behind the preview image (if the program
> contains long enough description). This would be fixed if either the
> description text would be moved slightly downwards or the preview
> image height would be same (in this case 16:9 height is okay)
> regardless of the program aspect ratio.

Hrm. I adapated MythCenter-wide from MythCenter. I watch mostly
broadcast HDTV, so most of my stuff is in 16:9. I'd rather not have to
waste empty space for the few 4:3 stuff I record. Screen real-estate,
while more plentiful in -wide mode, is still somewhat scarce.

I don't think the preview image height is forced to some specific set
of dimensions. I'm not a theme expert, but it seems that they are all
of the same width, and the height is calculated from that, to preserve
aspect ratio.

> Another slightly related issue.. MythWelcome and MythNews utilize
> only partially the screen (in 4:3) while e.g. MythMusic uses the
> whole wide screen space. Is this a configuration or 'not yet
> implemented' issue?

This is because I don't use MythWelcome or MythNews (or some other
plugins), so I never bothered writing wide-screen versions of the
theme .xml files. Contributions would be welcome.

--Rob