[mythtv-users] plextor setup on T41, modular xorg

Phil pvmythtv at nekophile.com
Sun Jul 23 00:46:55 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/21/06 16:16, Phil wrote:
>
>> At present, my big issue is lack of sound - a condition currently unique
>> to this app.  I've setup for ALSA:default and default (mixer) after
>> failing with the /dev/dsp option and reading the sound notes.

>> The sound doesn't appear taken by anything else:
>> hermes linux # fuser -v /dev/dsp
>>

> That test is invalid if you're using ALSA:default--it only works if
> you're using /dev/dsp.  ALSA:default uses the devices in /dev/snd.

$ ls /dev/snd
controlC0  pcmC0D0c  pcmC0D1c  pcmC0D3c  pcmC1D0c  timer
controlC1  pcmC0D0p  pcmC0D2c  pcmC0D4p  seq

$ fuser -v /dev/snd/controlC0

                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0:  pvoris     9271 F.... xfce-mcs-manage
                     pvoris     9280 F.... xfce4-panel

The rest returned nothing.

Phil