[mythtv-users] Have to type rmmod ivtv, modprobe ivtv after backend starts

Darren fender_bender at aandr.com.au
Sat Jul 22 00:36:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 06:02 pm, Jack Alltucker wrote:
> I have to type rmmod ivtv, modprobe ivtv after the backend starts or else I
> just get black screen on live tv and on recording.
>
> Somone told me to add those to my rc.local but I dont seem to have that
> file. (Knoppmyth)
>
> If i type it before i start the backend it doesnt work...only works after
> the backend is started
>
> Thanks
>

> !DSPAM:44bf5e58108655914111766!

Is it possible that another player is starting up in the background and
hogging the card? Kaffiene is a culprit for doing this , not having a go at
Kaffiene it's a great player. At the command prompt use 'ps -A' to see a list
of running processors . If you see kaffiene, mplayer or another player 'kill
pid'.

--
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln