[mythtv-users] using mythtv

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:29:59 UTC 2006

Hi,
   I've run a small network of MythTV 0.18 machines on Gentoo here at
home for about 15 months. We're using Gentoo and MythTV has changed
our TV habits completely. Almost no live TV watching ever takes place
around here any more. If it's worth watching then it's worth
recording.

   That said, look for the easiest way to make it work.... KnoppMyth
may be a good one.

   Starting last Saturday afternoon I've been trying to upgrade from
0.18 to 0.19. It's now Tuesday morning. Nearly 3 days and I cannot get
it to work. I cannot get the backend to run and connect to the
database. I had problems with MySQL updates. No fun at all and 3 days
of missed recordings.

   Look for the easiest way to make it work and go with that! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark