[mythtv-users] Can a FX5200 drive a Westinghouse LVM-42w2

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 13 20:39:19 UTC 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Richard Woelk wrote:

> <http://www.prairiemobile.com/>
> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> That wouldn't help in this case as the limitation is with the card
>>> driving the DVI port, no passive adapter will let you increase the
>>> clock rate behind it.
>>>

> Marc,
> I think the DVI to VGA adapter would work in this case, as the Dual
> DVI cards acutally have two VGA outputs in them, It is just in a
> different type of connector. I run a 19" CRT off my GeForce 7800GT,
> at 1280x960 at 85Hz.
>
> I have this in my xorg.conf under the screen section and it works
> well.
>
> Options "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"
>
> I will try 1920x1080 at 60Hz later today and let you know.

Not to beat a pretty dead horse, but I think he wanted to use the DVI
connector, and had to use the VGA one. So he would have needed a VGA-
DVI adapter, as if he wanted to use VGA the card already had one of
those.

But if the option to ignore pixel clock limitations works then that's
the best answer of course.