[mythtv-users] Use Xv Picture Controls

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 17:06:38 UTC 2006

The Frontend Setting, Use Xv Picture Controls, has disappeared.  It was there

 (Frontend->Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV Settings->
 Playback->General Playback->General Playback(part 2))

until I tried the 'F' key to adjust the Hue.

After reading through the User, Dev, and Commit lists, where others had lost
the same setting, I updated my system with SVN from today (July 12, 2006).
But, the Use Xv Picture Controls setting didn't come back.

One solution, recommended by several people, is to just use the 'F' key
and set the Hue for good faces, skin tone, etc.  I'm looking for an
alternative solution, so I can leave the Hue at 50%, instead of having
it pegged up over 90%, just to see non-blue faces.

Has anyone any idea how to get the Use Xv Picture Controls setting to
appear again?
One person suggested deleting the following settings from the database:

 PlaybackBrightness
 PlaybackContrast
 PlaybackColour
 PlaybackHue

I'll try this step, but first I'd like to know if anyone else has tried this
and not suffered some catastrophic meltdown of the frontend.

--
MM