[mythtv-users] If you have a PVR250 card, please tell me...

Joe Marcom jmarcom at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 11 20:31:25 UTC 2006

Nick wrote:

> I'd say it's more likely a tuner type misconfiguration if it works
> normally in Windows (or you have not switched the card's input to the
> tuner -see ivtvctl. The codec chip is a Conexant part - the tuner
> could be Samsung/Philips/etc.
>
> The following script will provide the most recent ivtv modprobe output
> from your syslog (it should mention the tuner's status) - this is
> extremely useful information:
>
> tac /var/log/messages |
> sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
>        /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
> tac
>

> Do you have any ivtv options in your modprobe.conf file? ivtv is now
> very good at autodetecting the tuner type, but it may still be
> required for some tuners. What version of ivtv/kernel are you running?
>
> Nick

   Thanks for the script; I can use it when I try a different distro.
   Didn't get ivtv with Mandriva 2006; I do have XawTV, KDETV and TVtime.
I tried using a PVR150 MCE, with the same detection problem (which was
expected).  Then I tried an old WinTV-GO card - and got a picture. The
channel search also found my local channels, so I must presume my PVR250
is not compatible.
    This is just a TV card in a Linux box - no Myth seteup - but now
that  I know I have a working tuner card, I can start fresh with
KnoppMyth or perhaps AMICUS.
                        joe