[mythtv-users] Responsiveness of zap2it to lineup discrepancies?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jul 5 19:30:50 UTC 2006

    Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:05:22 -0400
    From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    On 07/04/2006 02:09 PM, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
    > I've been reporting the same lineup discrepancy to DataDirect
    > (Failing that, is there some way I can convince my Myth that the
    > listings for one lineup on channels 84 and 85 should -actually- be
    > taken to be for channels 71 and 72 instead?  [E.g., "even though
    > zap2it claims these are channels 84 and 85, they're actually 71 and
    > 72".]  I'm still using 0.18.1 for the moment.)

    Using mythtv-setup's channel editor, change the freqid for channels 84

I don't see a field there called freqid.  I ran mythtv-setup on the
backend (with the backend still running---I'm -assuming- that I should
actually do this work with the backend shut down, but I'm just poking
around at the moment), went into the channel editor (option 5),
flipped it to sort by channel number, scrolled to ch84, and hit enter.

I'm now staring at a screen with "Channel Options - Common" at its
title.  I see "Channel Number: 84" and "XMLTV ID: 10161" and some
other random non-numeric fields.

Would it suffice to change the "Channel Number" field from 84 to 71,
or should I be looking in a different page entirely for something
that looks like an actual frequency?

[Also, while there are a pair of buttons labelled "Scan for
channel(s)" and "Advanced" at the bottom of this screen, I
cannot select them by tabbing around, so I can't experiment
with them.]

    and 85 to 71 and 72 and delete channels 71 and 72 from the lineup,

Delete them from the lineup where in the UI?  Using MythWeb to make
them invisible?  I don't see a "delete" button in the channel editor.
I could delete 71 and 72 at the zap2it site; is this what you meant?

								       if
    they exist, or at least change their freqid's to the appropriate channel
    numbers.

Unsure what you mean here.  71 and 72 are the "correct" channels, even
though zap2it doesn't know that.  (And 84 and 85 are static.)

	      If you really want to, you can even change the channel
    numbers.  As long as you don't change the xmltvid and do /not/ pass the
    "--do-channel-updates" option to mythfilldatabase, it should continue to
    update the listings without problems.  If you ever need to use

Err, --do-channel-updates is presumably in 19.x or SVN, and I'm
running 0.18.1, so I guess I'm safe from that. :)

    "--do-channel-updates", you'll have to edit your channels, again--unless
    TMS has updated the lineup by then (and, of course, they will update it
    within a week of your fixing your channels ;).

Here's hoping.