No subject

Fri Jan 20 20:58:57 UTC 2006

1), when rolling through xfree86cfg, when presented with the monitor conf=
iguration dialog box, the default choices are presented (various common r=
esolutions and refresh rates).  There was also an ADVANCED option, which =
would allow me to simply specify the vertical refresh rate and the horizo=
ntal sync rate, and my modelines were generated from that.  In this type =
of setup, I would get most common resolutions, and they worked well with =
my display, but they were not perfect.  In all of the X servers I've setu=
p (quite a few), toying with video timings was very rare, and understandi=
ng how to do this is not for the faint of heart.

- Ken