[mythtv-users] Possible to "fix" data from zap2it?

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri Jan 20 21:56:44 UTC 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Michael Norman wrote:

> The last few times I've tried to schedule "Commander in Chief", I have had
> conflicts that do not make sense. After a little bit of digging, I realized
> that
> the problem is that the data from zap2it reports that the episode is 61 mins
> long (09:59 -> 11:00 pm). This means that I can't schedule a 1 hr show
> before it because - naturally - the 1 hr show doesn't "fit" into the 59 min
> timeslot.
>
> I have temporarily fixed it by putting a "-1" in the "record early" field,
> but I
> was wondering if we could add a global feature that "fixes" such data from
> zap2it -
> a "round to the nearest hour" (or round to the nearest half-hour for 31 min
> shows)?

Don't blame Zap2it, I'm actually happy they accurately reflect the precise
start time.  And its not just Command-n-chief either.  ER also starts a
minute early and is accurate on zap2it.  The ones that really bug me, are
like my local news that starts 1 minute into early in to the ending
commercial breaks at 6 and 10pm; but Zap2it doesn't have those schedules.
My recommendation, if your temp fix really bothers you so much, is a second tuner card.