[mythtv-users] Silverstone Lascala 17 Case

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 18 21:25:28 UTC 2006

I have the LC17 in black and its great.  The only problem I had with it
was the button for the optical drive on the case didn't push the eject
button on the drive itself enough to make it eject.  So I've just taken
out the optical drive and run without one.

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of replacing my current FE with an HD-capable FE, and was
> thinking of putting it all in Silverstone Lascala 17 case:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163055 .
>
> Is anyone using one of these? And failing that, any other comments on
> good, reasonably-priced cases?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Peter

I have the LC17 in black and its great.  The only problem I had with it
was the button for the optical drive on the case didn't push the eject
button on the drive itself enough to make it eject.  So I've just taken
out the optical drive and run without one.  One day I'll try to fix it up.
 It shouldn't be too hard - I think I'll just have to add an extra bit of
plastic or something to the pushbutton mechanism to make it push further
in on the optical drive.

Nick