[mythtv-users] Silverstone Lascala 17 Case

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 22:53:31 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 16:33, Nick Rosier wrote:
> On 1/18/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 January 2006 14:50, peter at judge.co.za wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm thinking of replacing my current FE with an HD-capable FE, and was
> > > thinking of putting it all in Silverstone Lascala 17 case:
> > > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163055 .
> > >
> > > Is anyone using one of these? And failing that, any other comments on
> > > good, reasonably-priced cases?
> >
> > I've got the 16 in Silver, its a work of art, great construction looks
> > beautiful.
>
> How's the noise of the fans? I'm looking for a new case and really
> want a quiet one.
>
> N.

it all depends on the fans you get. I got a normal power supply as I live
downtown and the case noise wasn't a big deal to me. You can fit one of the
newer "quiet" PS's or the fanless ones as well. The rear fans are slow and
not too loud, the other 3 fan slots are empty and can thus be filled with any
fan you want if needed. The case does a pretty good job in sheilding the
noise from the front two fan mounts though.

--
Steve