[mythtv-users] X.org modeline for Samsung HLR5067W?

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 8 14:36:20 UTC 2006

	>I have the HLR5067W.  I'm currently using a nvidia FX5200, VGA out.
Its
	>also not perfect, I do have some black borders.  In a dark theater
room
	>though, they are not noticable.  I've always planned on using the
DVI
	>instead, I already have the cable, but swapping in a Windows drive
just to
	>run powerstrip is more than I feel like doing right now, just to
find what
	>looks good.

	Have your tried changing the TV's aspect option from 16:9 to WidePC?
	That should get rid of the black borders, at least it does on my
HLR6167.
	That option is only available when using the PCInput, not DVI.  When
	using DVI on these TV's, your options are much more limited. The PC
	input allows you to resize, move up, down, left, right, etc.

	Also, I went back and forth between DVI and PC input, and I could
not
	tell a difference in quality - both were great.

Yes, I've tried that.  I figured I would eventually use that once I stop
fiddling with all the settings of the Linux and Myth.  I would have to use
the GUI offset and size option to center it and fit it on the screen since
WidePC causes the image to be cropped.  (I can't see the login prompt in
WidePC)

Also, I can notice a slight quality improvement when using DVI over VGA, but
usually only with a lot of text on the screen, especially during startup.
While watching video, it is much harder to detect - which is most of the
reason why I haven't done much fiddling with it yet.