[mythtv-users] X.org modeline for Samsung HLR5067W?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Sun Jan 8 05:45:33 UTC 2006

>I have the HLR5067W.  I'm currently using a nvidia FX5200, VGA out.  Its
>also not perfect, I do have some black borders.  In a dark theater room
>though, they are not noticable.  I've always planned on using the DVI
>instead, I already have the cable, but swapping in a Windows drive just to
>run powerstrip is more than I feel like doing right now, just to find what
>looks good.

Have your tried changing the TV's aspect option from 16:9 to WidePC?
That should get rid of the black borders, at least it does on my HLR6167.
That option is only available when using the PCInput, not DVI.  When
using DVI on these TV's, your options are much more limited. The PC
input allows you to resize, move up, down, left, right, etc.

Also, I went back and forth between DVI and PC input, and I could not
tell a difference in quality - both were great.