[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Joe Silver devils.taco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:41:05 UTC 2006

Well, I've been playing around with settings all over the place and still
have yet to come up with a solution which makes sense.  I may have found
something which works, sometimes, and that it to adjust the time stretch to
something other than 1.0.  I find consistently that 0.9 works and
1.1works.  I'm perfectly content to use
1.1 to playback all my recorded videos, but this doesn't solve the problem
for LiveTV.  I guess you can use something like 0.9 and then use the
'slowness' to ff thru commercials.  This seems to work for my 1080i
recordings which normally have problems when deinterlacing is enabled.  It
doesn't do squat for my 720p recordings when deinterlacing is enabled or
not, I get more prebuffering stutters than ever (different than my
experiences before).

-JS